- Power-ups have been created to help the user to either gain points or to limit losses. However, they are limited in their availability.
- Three kinds of powerups are provided in the game - 2x (Double Ups), No-Negatives & Audience Polls.
- A user can make use of multiple power-ups on a single question as they wish.
- 2x (Doubler)
- To double points that a user can gain for a correct prediction. For e.g: If a prediction gets you 10 points for being correct, on applying 2x you can get 20 points.
- Note: It also doubles the points that you will lose if the prediction turns out false.
- Pro-Tip: Used it when you are very confident that a prediction will come right.
- Every prediction you make comes with a risk of losing 4 points if it doesn’t turn out right.
- When you apply no-negatives to a prediction you make, you will not lose 4 points in case it doesn’t come true - essentially you are removing the risk of failure.
- It is typically meant to be used when you believe that there exists a high possibility of your prediction not coming true.
- Pro-Tip: Use it when you think there is a reasonably high probability that prediction may not come true.
- Audience Poll
- As the name suggests, it provides you with stats on what other users of the game have predicted at an aggregate level.
- Meant to be applied when you are unsure about which side a prediction could swing .
- Pro-Tip: Meant to be applied when you are unsure about where the prediction could swing.
- A user can make use of multiple power-ups on a single question, as they wish.