- To be eligible to play NostraGamus, you must be :
- At least 18 years of age in your jurisdiction.
- You must not be a resident of Assam or Telangana or Odisha (as these states prevent its citizens to participate in Game of Skill platforms).
- NostraGamus users are required to declare that they are above 18 years of age and are not residents of Assam or Telangana or Orissa. Any kind of violation with respect to the eligibility criteria, may result in in your access to our service being prohibited or withdrawn, along with disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prizes.
2.Entries to the Challenge
- Number of entries to a challenge may or may not be limited depending on the different modes available within a challenge. The number of entries for different modes are dynamic, and will keep changing for every challenge & every week.
3.Using Malicious Practices to play the game
- Usage of any kind of malicious or wrong activities to play the NostraGamus app, will result in termination of your account and you shall be banned permanently from any kind of future activity on the app.
- Users have to upload their predictions before the deadline (as indicated by the start-time of the match in the app or the countdown timer next to the match). Users will not be allowed to make predictions past the deadline.
- A prediction once made can be changed by going to the match by clicking on Answer and pressing Edit Answers next to each question. You can then make the changes as you wish and press Save Answer. Your changes will be reflected immediately. But, a power-up once applied cannot be changed.
- A user can use multiple power-ups on a single question as they wish.
- In case a match is postponed, the game deadline will be suitably pushed out. If the user has already answered the predictions, then the same predictions will be retained.
5.Scoring of Predictions
- Each correct prediction gets the user +10 points
- (Or) +20 points in case 2x is applied
- Each wrong prediction gets the user -4 points
- (Or) -8 points in case 2x is applied
- (Or) none in case No-Neg is applied)
- No questions (once put up) will be changed in case one of the players is injured before the match. The user will have to take necessary measures to stay updated on all the latest news/updates & make/change his predictions based on the same.
- In the rare cases when all the available predictions to a particular question are all right (or) all wrong, then we will award equal points (+10) to all the users who have attempted the question.
- In case a match is abandoned (or) couldn’t be completed and there is no scope for a match replay, then we will award equal points (+10) for all users who have played the game. So, make sure you never miss any match!
6.Leaderboard Ranking & Breaking of Ties
- Players are ranked on the leaderboard based on the points scored. The No. 1 rank is awarded to the player with the highest points, No. 2 to the next highest, so and so forth.
- If two (or more) players are tied on the same number of points, his accuracy is taken into consideration to break the tie. The player with the higher accuracy gets the higher rank and so and so forth.
- If still, two (or more) players have the same number of points and have the same accuracy, they are awarded the same rank. However, the next highest points scorer is given a rank = (number of people who have scored more points than him) + 1
- For example, Assume 4 players have the following points at the top of the leaderboard
- Player A: 300 points with 80%
- Player B: 300 points with 75%
- Player C: 300 points with 75%
- Player D: 290 points with 75%
- Then Player A is awarded Rank 1, Player B is awarded Rank 2, Player C is also awarded Rank 2 & Player D is awarded Rank 4
7.Allotment of Prize Money
- Each player stands to win the prize money associated with his rank/position on the leaderboard, as laid out at the start of the challenge, unless there is more than 1 person tied at a particular rank.
- In case, there are two or more people tied at a rank. Then the prize money for each player is calculated as following
- If say, 3 players are tied at the 10th rank. Prize Money to each player involved in the tie = (Prize money of 10th rank + Prize money of 11th rank + Prize money of 12th rank)/3
- Similarly, if they are n players tied at the Xth rank. Prize money to each player involved in a tie = (Prize money of Xth rank + Prize money of (X+1)th rank + … + Prize money of (X+(n-1)th rank)/n
- Most challenges are settled shortly after the last game finishes once all the matches statistics have been reported by relevant stats providers. Once a contest is settled, upon returning to the app, users will receive a notification highlighting their performance.
- NostraGamus reserves the right to make adjustments based on errors or irregularities in its calculation of results or the transmission of information from its statistics provider.
- NostraGamus, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to determine winners of contests before awarding any prizes. Note that there can be occasional last minute changes to scoring. If there is difficulty obtaining official results or issues with scoring, the contest may be settled the following day.
- Note: If there is difficulty obtaining official results or issues with scoring, the contest may be settled the following day.
- Users can access a full list of all winners for each challenge they have entered into by clicking on the ‘Rank’ section in the home screen of the corresponding challenge.